Breakfast Slab (bacon & eggs on the go!)
Saturday, 10 July 2010 23:36
This dish won recipe of the month for June 2010. Member Timturtle developed this as a bacon-and-eggs-on-the-go breakfast dish, making a large 'slab' which could be cut up into generous pieces to take to work. This recipe makes 5 breakfast servings. It's also ideal, if cut into more dainty pieces, for a snack, or great for lunch or dinner with a salad.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for more ideas on how to vary it.
- 150g chopped bacon
- 100g chopped mushrooms
- 200g cooked spinach, chopped and well drained
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 10 eggs
- Garlic pepper
- Sliced tomato
- Line a pan with non stick paper, then spread over bacon and mushrooms (this also helps to hold the sides of the paper out).
- Put the eggs into a bowl and mix to combine yolks and whites, then add salt and garlic pepper, spinach and cheese.
- Mix well, then pour over bacon and mushrooms.
- Spread out with a scraper, top with sliced tomato.
- Bake 180g in pre-heated oven until just set.
- This reheats well in the microwave so is an ideal dish to take to work.
- Ham and asparagus with gruyere or blue cheese
- Chicken and chargrilled red capsicum
- Woodsmoked salmon, feta and spinach with a little fresh coriander
- Allow 12 carbs for the entire bacon, spinach and mushroom version in the original recipe, so 2.5 carbs per slice if cut into 5.
Last Updated ( Saturday, 28 September 2013 00:17 )